Thursday, July 16, 2009

Housework, Quilt Festival and Etsy Sale!


I am SOOOOOO tired (gosh this is a reocurring theme on my blog isnt it?!?) I took the last few days to do something that I actually LOVE...housework!!  After months of building up to quitting my job, then preparing for everything this last month, I have not been able to contribute much to our household in terms of chores so I have been catching up on things like cleaning out my closet, working on the patio garden, repainting our white wood floors (of course I have painted floors what did you expect?), cleaning my studio, doing laundry, cooking and running errands.  Last night my hubby told me that he really likes having a housewife! HA me as a housewife...I think not!  But I feel good- there is just something about cleaning and getting organized that makes me feel like I can reset and start fresh for the next couple months of insanity! I have so much to do and am trying to better organize my new life :)

In not so boring housewife news I am also getting ready to head to the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach next week So if you are heading to the show or are looking for something SUPER fun to do, come visit me at the Quilting Arts Booth all four days to take a mini workshops or stop by Open Studios and chat with me...I love to chat!!  

Here is my schedule-

Thursday, July 23

Open Studios- 5-7pm I will be demoing all kinds of my funky and fabulous techniques!

(Preview Nights) 8:00–9:00       Hand-carved Stamps
Why purchase all of your stamps when you can make some yourself! Learn a variety of unique ways to make your very own handmade stamps with easy-to-use materials.  

Friday, July 24

Open Studios-  5-7pm I will be demoing all kinds of my funky and fabulous techniques!

Saturday, July 25

2:45–3:45pm      Creative Cuff
Create a cuff bracelet from painted fabric, buttons, canvas, and an assortment of non-traditional, recycled materials.

Sunday, July 26

Open Studios-10:15am-12:15pm I will be demoing all kinds of my funky and fabulous techniques!

12:00–1:00    Easy Graffiti!                                                     

Learn about graffiti and tons of graffiti-inspired techniques that can be applied to fabric, paper, and mixed-media projects.

I will be having a SALE in my etsy shop starting tomorrow and through the weekend- all skinny clutches and simple clutches will be $10 off!! In addition to the sale, updates will be made throughout the weekend with all kinds of new stuff!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails